Methcathinone is a psychoactive illegal drug.
It is known as Kat or CAT among its users but is also referred to as Methedrone, Kitty or Meow.
Kat is easily produced by using a range of your everyday household detergents and products, and can even be manufactured in your home kitchen.
Possible ingredients used to make CAT/Kat:
- Ephedrine or pseudoephedrine (found in some over-the-counter asthma and cold medications)
- Acetone (explosive paint solvent)
- Muriatic acid (used in sandblasting and cleaning mortar off bricks)
- Sulphuric acid (usually purchased from auto supply stores as battery acid)
- Lye (usually in the form of a crystal drain cleaner such as Drano)
- Sodium dichromate or potassium dichromate
- Sodium hydroxide
- Toluene (explosive paint thinner)
The drug can also be “cut” meaning the drug manufacturer is able to increase his Kat quantity by adding chemicals such as rat poison or chlorine. (A drug dealer does not care whether any of these additives are good for you or not!)
CAT/Kat can be ingested in a number of ways:
- You can eat the Kat drug.
- You can insufflate Kat (nasal inhalation).
- You are can smoke Kat in a pipe or joint.
- Kat is water-soluble and may be dissolved in liquid and either taken orally or injected.
Effects of Kat/CAT
The effect of Cat/Kat can be described as being very similar to that of cocaine, however unlike cocaine the effects can last up to nine hours.
Physical/Mental Effects of Kat/Cat:
- Powerful feelings of euphoria
- Increased energy & confidence
- Loss of appetite
- Dilated pupils
- Increased sociability & talkativeness
Who uses Kat?
Because the drug is a stimulant its usage can go on for days and often results in week long binges.
It has been linked to the party and rave scene however it is used by professionals needing extra energy and work enthusiasm and by students needing to study and concentrate for long hours.
A CAT/Kat Come down
After Cat usage or a Cat binge the dreaded “come down” follows. A “come down” from Cat is amongst some of the worst leaving you feeling hollow inside with little to add to the world.
What do you have to look forward to after a binge?
- Muscle tension and pain
- Delusions from lack of sleep and inability to eat
- Severe psychological depression
- Suicide ideation
Seeking Kat/Cat Addiction Rehabilitation
Kat is psychologically highly addictive, individuals lose their ability to feel empathy or sympathy, they lose self-worth and direction and often become distant and removed.
However Kat addiction can be treated through the correct methods and therapies, as with any addiction it is important to address it holistically and openly.
Step Away Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre South Africa
Our rehab treatment centre is situated in Blue Water Bay, Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
Our staff members are all fully qualified and experienced in their professions, and upon entry will perform a full medical in order to assess the severity of the condition and accurately prescribe the correct form of treatment.
In cases where it is necessary, we are able to provide substance detoxification as well as substance rehab treatment.
Our aim to help provide the necessary skills needed to live a sober life, the road to cocaine addiction recovery is long and sometime rocky, but nevertheless the journey is worth it. Please contact us for help today.
Your life is the result of the choices you make, if you don’t like your life it is time to start making better choices.
Please contact us for more information on our CAT Addiction Rehab & Treatment.